The most adventurous girl you’ll ever meet.
Hi there! I’m Alli, and I’m thrilled you’ve stopped by. It won’t take you long to feel my passion for writing and adventure. Whether it’s wandering new cities, jumping into new oceans, navigating airports, hearing different languages, seeing new passport stamps, tasting exotic foods, sleeping in hostels/hotels/tents … I love it. I love it ALL and I can’t seem to get enough of it!
I was born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada, now based in Toronto. My love for writing and reading as a kid transcended into a degree at the University of Western Ontario in English Literature and Creative Writing with a Professional and Technical Communication certificate. When I travel I feel powerful and in charge of my life. As I combine travel with writing I feel strong, happy, and fulfilled. I’ve been in love with travel and adventure for as long as I can remember. I enjoy sharing my writing and experiences, and truly appreciate all the wonderful comments and visitors my blog has received so far.
I own a globe flagged with the places I’ve been. I can be entertained with a globe for a long time. I spin and watch it whirl, studying places I’ve never been, imagining my next trip. I just want to see as much of the world as I can and experience as many different cultures possible! Like everyone else in this world, my life has had its share of ups and downs. Travel has been the one constant in my life and has provided me with healing, self discovery, independence, and cultural awareness and appreciation.
I graduated after five years of university, and on that day I was proud most definitely, but more excited than anything. I had paid off my tuition and student loans. I could start reading and writing for fun. Most importantly, I look forward to fulfilling the rest of my 20’s with as much health, happiness, and adventure as I possibly can.
30 facts about Alli
1. I have traveled to 26 countries and 6 continents
2. I am in love with Asian décor, especially Japanese
3. I am always eating
4. I love being Canadian
5. I like Archie Comics and have since I was a kid
6. I am very stubborn in that I hate being told what to do
7. I love Flight of the Conchords and it would be a dream to meet them
8. I am always stretching and doing yoga, even if I’m busy on the road traveling
9. I think campfires at nighttime are romantic
10. I have psychic dreams that come true
11. I love to sing, especially Christmas carols
12. I will never miss or skip eating breakfast. Never.
13. I have broken a bone too many times to count
14. Whatever time I set my alarm to it has to end in a 7
15. I have never ever dyed or highlighted my hair
16. My favourite books are Where the Red Fern Grows, Jane Eyre, and The Help
17. I love Jim Carrey
18. My favourite foods are Vietnamese, Greek cuisine, and strawberry banana smoothies
19. I once asked a blind man for directions before realizing he was blind. He gave me the right directions.
20. I like to write messages on foggy windows and mirrors
21. I will go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy looking leaf
22. I wish I had an invisibility cloak
23. I like vintage everything and wished I lived in the 50’s
24. My boyfriend treats me like a princess and would do anything for me
25. I think the cutest animal ever is a baby elephant
26. I drink green tea every morning
27. I love hot yoga because of how good and relaxed I feel after all the sweating and stretching
28. My favourite movies are Dumb and Dumber, Julie and Julia, and Toy Story
29. I can be very sneaky
30. I get goosebumps watching ballet